Published Day: Every Friday
Cover Price: $1.50
Classified Bookings: 1300 136 181
Address: 62 Egerton St Emerald 4720
Phone Number: (07) 4980 0800
Fax Number: (07) 4982 2833
Email Advertising: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Editorial: email@example.com
he Central Queensland News is distributed across six different shires, and remains the only local paid newspaper specifically focused on the affluent and resource-rich Central Highlands region. The dynamic title features up-to-date local news, sport and lifestyle coverage. The Rural Weekly North and Central Queensland edition is inserted, along with a 16-page, full-colour real estate lift-out – a comprehensive guide to buying property within the booming Central Highlands region, as well as the 8 page Blackwater Herald.
he Central Queensland News, first published by the Gibson Family of Emerald in 1937, has progressed over the years from a four page weekly serving the Emerald community, to a large bi-weekly newspaper serving the prosperous Central Highlands.
The Change to bi-weekly format was made following the purchase of the Clermont Telegram (est. 1864) in 1980. The Gibson’s sold to the Provincial newspaper (Qld) group, now Australian Provincial Newspapers, in 1985.
The newspaper has grown with the expansion of the Central Highlands and has progressed from a handsetting operation to a fully computerised newspaper, with offices in Blackwater and Clermont, and correspondents in almost all highland communities.
The Gemfields Gazette was first published in January 1991, to serve the growing tourist industry and in response to the needs of the local and permanent Gemfields population, as a monthly publication. The Gemfields Gazette was incorporated into the Central Queensland News in September 1996 as regular feature in response to the needs of the Gemfields businesses and residents.
The Blackwater Herald, Which has chronicled happenings in Blackwater and district since 1977, was purchased from the Massy family in 1992, and strengthened the company’s coverage of the eastern Highlands.